Must be able to pass background check and drug screen. Have valid driver's license and own transportation.
** Excel Test should be done: Must know v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.
*ERP knowledge mandatory
*Heavy Cash Application Transaction Volume required
Revenue Accountant Responsibilities and Duties. Perform company accounting operations and determine revenues and expenditures. Work with account team to perform financial planning, analysis and reporting activities. ... Heavy research and reconciliation of AR accounts/customer accounts.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for effective management, analysis and problem resolution of the company's outstanding accounts and the application of payments. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: ... Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions. Research customer payments, short pays and deductions.
Conduct collection calls and customer visits to collect Accounts Receivables. Negotiate customer disputes to resolution and documents root cause. Provide customer service and develops relationships with internal/external customers and suppliers. Maintain accurate credit files and collection files. Acts as the liaison between creditors and customers and manages overdue accounts.
Portfolio of approximately 300 to 400 Accounts.
*must have some level of AR billing or accounting experience, with a preference in collections.
*We prefer candidates with a degree, but it is not absolutely necessary
Must Haves (Prior to interview being requested):
*2 years of collections/AR experience *Intermediate and above level Excel skill *Great communication skills Experience with *ERP system
The Recycle Billing and Accounts Receivable team within the North American Billing Hub is seeking a candidate for a Temporary AR Settlement Specialist for a 3-4 month assignment. This individual will report to the Accounts Receivable Manager and will work closely with external customers, business unit plant and sales personnel, and the corporate credit and cash application teams.
How you will impact:
• Communicate with business unit personnel and establish relationships necessary for timely resolution of errors
• Collect and confirm payments of past due accounts.
• Reconcile daily and month to date invoiced transactions from multiple source systems to the financial system
• Participate in scheduled collection calls with plant and sales personnel
• Research, validate, and resolve all invoice disputes and short pays
• Maintain unapplied cash case load by applying cash accurately and timely
• Provide monthly status of unapplied cash in each customer account
• Request remittance support from customers
• Obtain and provide invoice copies and Customer Aging Statements as requested
• Provide written status update of each customer account and present in monthly management meeting
• Identify and explain the status and risk of the Credit Oversold Accounts
• Prepare analysis and reconciliation of monthly Top 5 SOX audit request
• Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
• Document processes and procedures
• Assist with other areas as required
What you need to succeed:
• Has an understanding of the invoicing process and the financial impacts involved
• Ability to follow and understand established procedures
• Has initiative to take action, anticipate potential problems and address them early
• Able to respond quickly to changing demands, processes and updated information
• Excellent planning and organization skills. Being able to set priorities and schedule activities effectively to ensure timely completion of tasks and responsibilities
• Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communications capabilities. Communicate daily with all appropriate customers and personnel; complete reports as required on a timely basis
• Ability to work independently in a professional manner with a team commitment
• High ethical and performance standards for self and team
• Performance demonstrates value for quality and constantly strives to do better
• Maintain high productivity/activity level, complete and submit timely and accurate metric reports and is able to assess own performance using them
• College Degree (Accounting, Finance, Business, etc.) strongly preferred
• At least 2 years experience with collections / revenue / accounting or a related function
• Strong attention to detail to detect billing errors
• High comfort level with systems navigation
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication
• Organization in maintaining status of large customer portfolios
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft tools
• Order entry systems / JD Edwards experience a plus
• Intermediate or above Microsoft Excel experience a plus
Please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org