Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check. Have valid driver's license and own transportation.
2nd shift 2:30pmn- 11pm with possible overtime added roughly 1 am
$1.00 hour shift differential
We can start an experienced operator at $20 and hour. If we need to be competitive, we can go as high as $25 an hour but it has to be someone with high school degree, bilingual or at least someone who has mastered the English conversational language, AND, at least 3 years operating the die cutter. This is not an entry level job. We require quantifiable experience.
"GENERAL PURPOSE: Responsible for the performance of manual and machine tasks in the set up, maintenance, and operation of die cut equipment to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• General knowledge and understanding of die cutting processes and equipment
• Reads job tickets to determine setup specifications and instructions
• Observes and monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed
• Follows all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department
• Performs routine adjustments during the press run and maintain production throughout the run
• Performs all assigned work effectively and on schedule
• Follows instructions accurately
• Maintains records of daily production, using specified forms
• Records production information such as amount of time spent on specific tasks
• Keeps work area neat and clean
• Opens machines and remove/replace damaged product, using hand tools
• Trains workers to set up, operate and use machines
• Daily/weekly/monthly maintenance and troubleshooting
• Preforms make-readies
• Coordinates efforts as part of the team to provide assistance to all co-workers (in all departments) as needed to maximize production efficiencies
• Follows established department policies, procedures, work instructions and safety and environmental guidelines
• Performs other job duties as assigned
• Knowledge of Bobst die cutting equipment preferred.
• Must have at least 2 years experience running board stock and paper on flatbed die cutters.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Must have basic computer skills – data entry.
• Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including additions, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Must be able to maintain good attendance.
• Must pass color vision test.
• Must pass color hue test.
• Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
• Must be able to use pre-make ready table.
• Must be able to ability to use rulers, calipers, micrometers and other inspection equipment.
• Must have knowledge of size and location when beginning the nicking process.
• Must have ability to recognize common packaging defects (cracking, sharpness, heavy scores, line-up, tearing, flat scores, one-sided scores, light cutting, loose fibers, pressure marks, etc.).
• Must have ability to make a spotting sheet.
• Must have ability to make stripping boards.
• Must have knowledge of when and what type of rubber or cork to use.
• Must have knowledge of how to use benders, bridgers, miters and cutters for reknifing.
• Must have knowledge of adjustment process for tonnage on cutting.
• Must have knowledge of when to use underlay or begin spotting.
• Must have knowledge of operating the cube/manual tonnage.
• Must have knowledge of 1mm counter plates.
• Must have knowledge of using register pins for counters.
• Must have knowledge and ability to repair dies by modifying creasing rules and cutting knives.
• Must have knowledge of blind make-readies and what it entails.
• Must have knowledge of counter plates, matrix, spotting tape, and underlaying.
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Please email your resume to email@example.com