Excel Temporary Service is recruiting for an experienced Director of Product Management for a client in Chicago, IL
Candidate will be required to Design and manage personal lines insurance products at a national level. Includes development, implementation, monitoring and supporting functional alignment of product strategies to achieve consistent profitable growth. Makes recommendations to improve current products (rating and coverage offering) and systems to improve efficiency as well as effectiveness.
- Strategic Planning Develop and manage programs that are both competitive and profitable, including rates, forms and potential entry or exit strategies. Regularly develop and communicate current and planned information to company. (Strategic Planning)
- Inter-department Leadership Train marketing, underwriting, sales/service and claims on all new national program revisions. Work with sales to communicate program changes to agency plant. Participate in company-wide projects and problem-solving. (Leadership)
- Design national Programs and Products Perform intense analysis of internal data to develop rates. Analyze all pertinent information and develop programs, products, and revisions to move achieve countrywide goals. (Program Design)
- Create new or improved processes, tools, and product innovations using countrywide information. Work with other Product Managers to implement at the state level. (Intra-department Improvements)
- Competitor Tracking Closely monitor and analyze competitor changes, and develop responsive and proactive strategies. Communicate regularly with independent agents, marketing and underwriting to understand competitor and business issues. (External Tracking)
- Perform intense analysis of external data (such as regulatory, demographic, and market information. (External Tracking)
- Perform competitor product rate and rule comparisons (Competitive Intelligence)
- Serves as primary contact between IS and business functions for systems changes to ensure all Personal Lines Rating System issues and the proper interpretations of rules are considered in program designs, reviews business requirements for completeness, accuracy and ratemaking fundamentals. Provides project time estimates.
- Provides input into system design for the implementation of new programs as they relate to the rating, underwriting, claims, Sales/service and the Personal Lines Rating System.
- Develops and maintains rating algorithms, rate tables and policy contracts.
- May serve as Project Lead; coordinate the research and development of business requirements for new and existing applications. Provides guidance, direction and technical expertise to other project members
- Responds to inquiries from state managers and aids in the development of state-specific solutions. Regional offices, IFG business units, IS, and outside rate vendors regarding rating procedures or interpretations of ISO or company manuals. Is able to determine the origin and scope of the problem and make necessary recommendations.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor or Product Management Vice President.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com