We are seeking a Maintenance Technician to be in Hillside IL for 3rd shift (9:30pm--5:30am) OT and Saturdays as needed) Pay range: $20--$30 for top tier (depending on skill set, experience) Temp to Hire
Please note: manager is looking for more mechanical experience than electrical; only basic electrical needed. There is no programming involved. Need a tech who is willing to "get their hands dirty" !
Primary duties include providing safe and timely mechanical and electrical support, preventative maintenance, installation, service, repair, troubleshooting and resolution of multiple operating machines within a manufacturing industrial environment. The ideal candidate will have mechanical and electrical experience, a familiarity with hydraulics and pneumatics and have basic troubleshooting experience with proven ability of machine repair.
*looking for a jack of all trades to include mechanical, electrical, hydraulics/pneumatics. Welding is a plus
• 2-3 years of Electro-Mechanical Automation System Installation & Troubleshooting Experience.
• 2-3 years of Industrial Manufacturing Experience.
• Good understanding of basic electricity and electrical troubleshooting skills.
• An operational knowledge of automated industrial machinery which includes; motors, servos, pumps, drives, relays, 3 phase power, communication devices, industrial / electronic controls, and power transmission systems.
• A good understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• A strong PLC trouble shooting and problem-solving ability with practical, mechanical & electrical aptitude.
• Must be able to read and interpret both electrical and mechanical drawings.
• Must be computer literate with Microsoft environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently in a mature and professional manner.
• Ability to work various shifts / overtime / days per week.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Military training and or Technical School preferred
STEEL TOE SHOES REQUIRED