Atlanta, MI 30336
Mon - Thursday 3:30 pm – 2am
• Support the operation of a fast-paced packaging manufacturing facility
• Focusing on our customers’ success will allow you opportunities to develop and grow your career in manufacturing
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for loading and unloading trucks; warehousing product and materials and supplying production lines with requested product and/or components in a safe and efficient manner.
• Responsible to ensure that all units are banded properly; have a clearly visible load tag on them when being loaded; and that there are no broken or missing straps on the units.
• This position performs our last visual quality inspection. Position is also responsible to ensure that unit and truck counts are correct and that all paperwork is accurate.
• Individual will be trained on computerized scanner for inventory control. Position will also unload incoming material as needed and will be responsible to perform a visual quality inspection on items and ensure that unit and truck counts are accurate.
How you will impact Us:
• Ensure our customers get the quality, consistency, and responsiveness they deserve
• Embrace the culture, based on values of integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
What you need to succeed:
• High School diploma or GED required
• Forklift certification with 3-5 years forklift experience working in a fast-paced environment
• Flexibility to work shifts; available to work overtime
• Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. Math skills will be assessed
• Read and understand an order spec sheet
• Ability to read a tape measure (to 1/16” measurement, do basic math, and some computer skills).
• Read and understand load tags
• Understand unitizing and palletizing information
• Able to successfully complete Lift Truck Training and pass the written and driving skills test to be certified Lift Truck Operator
• Adapt and have ability to fit into plant safety culture
• Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen