Must be able to pass drug test and background check. Have valid driver's license and own transportation.
$15.00 for temp to hire. If converted, the rate would go to $17.24. If there’s a direct placement, the rate would be $17.24. Depending on experience/skills demonstrated, they could move to $18.44 within as early as 90 days.
Shift: Rotating Shift – 2 weeks on days 6am-2:45pm (could change to 6am to 3:45pm), then 2 weeks on nights 3:45pm 12:30am (could change to 4:45pm to 2:30am)
Planer Mill Technician – Summerville, SC
As a Planer Mill Technician, you will be responsible for various jobs in the Planer Mill. You will contribute to the team by utilizing your experience to work on jobs such as a Grader, the Strapper, Trimmer, Planer Feed Table, Stacker, Planer Machine, Sorter, and Tilt Hoist, etc. Successful technicians will be motivated with a commitment to safety excellence.
How you will impact:
• Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
• Proficiently operate Planer Mill machines and equipment
• Keep the work area clean throughout the shift and at the end of shift
• Assist other team members, as needed
• Performing basic care duties such as preventative maintenance on machinery or repairing minor issues.
What you need to succeed:
• At least one year of previous work experience in a Sawmill.
• Prior experience in positions such as Planer Feed Table, Planer Machine, Tilt Hoist, Strapping Machine, Stacker, Sorter Bins, Trimmer, Lumber Grader, etc.
• Work rotating shifts, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
• Work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
• Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
• Team player that enjoys working in a manufacturing team environment and learning multiple operations
• Required: High School Diploma or GED
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.