Lancaster, OH 43130
Responsible for maintaining all converting and corrugating equipment to minimize downtime.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Demonstrate ability to parallel all rolls, make all required settings and adjustments for optimum equipment performance to manufacture quality products.
• Demonstrate ability to teach other maintenance classifications in all qualification requirements and proper maintenance procedures.
• Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot and get to root cause
• Complete all paperwork neatly, correctly, and in accordance with Company guidelines.
• Help maintain good housekeeping in work areas.
• Comply with the safety guidelines and safety rules provided by the company as well as exercise common sense and good judgment in performance of duties.
• Perform other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
• Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
• Quality standards
• Prompt and regular attendance.
• Comply with proper and seasonal dress code.
• Exercise proper safety precautions.
• May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License and/or other appropriate certification to work in certain areas or on certain equipment.
• Tape Measure
• Hand Tools
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, twist, bend at waist, grasp and reach with hands and arms; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, the ability to adjust focus, and color vision.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School diploma or GED.
• Provide own tools necessary to perform maintenance tasks.
• Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
• Prior work experience in light manufacturing.
• Works under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and reference check; drug test; job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be
performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee
and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job