West Plains, MO 65775
SUMMARY: Without supervision, repair and maintain electrical and mechanical systems through the manufacturing facility.
1. Perform major troubleshooting for industrial circuits in 480/240 3 Phase, 240/110 Single Phase. Familiar with VFD’s and PLC’s and able to perform programming and troubleshooting.
2. Operate and maintain electrical and maintenance tools.
3. Repair and maintain hydraulic systems, both screw and belt conveyors, fiber grinding and saw equipment, packaging equipment, and air systems.
4. Perform complex electrical maintenance and mechanical maintenance operations, conduit running, wire labeling and pulling, drilling, cutting, tapping, pipe threading, light layout, sheave and sprocket alignment.
5. Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on engines/motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines.
6. Follows diagrams, sketches, electrical schematics, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications to troubleshoot malfunctions.
7. Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical or electrical devices in operation; listening for problems; and using precision measuring and testing instruments.
8. Removes defective parts in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring devices.
9. Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools and other devices as needed.
10. Fabricates repair parts as needed by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
11. Rebuilds motors, gearboxes and process machinery systems and components.
12. Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
13. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
14. May on occasion direct the activities of more junior maintenance personnel on specific projects.
15. Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED is preferred; electrical training coursework or certifications preferred.
EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: 4-6 years of practical maintenance and electrical work experience on industrial, manufacturing, production equipment required. Experience working in a manufacturing or production environment needed.
Mechanical skills should include understanding of basic welding, fabrication, and machining. In-depth knowledge of industrial electrical, troubleshooting, electrical control systems, electrical testing equipment, PLC controls, electrical schematics, hydraulics and pneumatics required
Must be certified as qualified to operate forklift and other lifting devices that may be used.
Basic computer skills needed.
Able to push/pull/lift 50 lbs., able to stand, walk, bend and stoop for extended period of time.
Able to follow verbal and written instructions.
Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
Pay Rate depends on experience.