St. Louis, MO | Permanent
Excel Temporary Service is recruiting for experienced Maintenance Technician's in the St Louis, MO area. This is a 3rd shift position . Please read below for more details.
SUMMARY Performs routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures on electrical and mechanical systems involving production equipment and plant systems, including the plant’s main power supply system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Performs skilled and semi-skilled maintenance activities depending upon area of assignment including performing basic trade activities such as electrical, plumbing and carpentry work.
• Performs minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment. Repairs electrical equipment/systems and control circuits; and replaces faulty electrical equipment as needed. This troubleshooting element is inclusive of Three Phase Motors and Programmable Logical Controls (PLC) applications.
• Must have a strong working knowledge of relay logic and be capable of applying this knowledge in the troubleshooting of the PLC’s in the production equipment.
• Must have a strong understanding of NFPA 40E standards and be capable of applying these standards in the work situation.
• Installs electrical wiring and equipment; new electrical services; and replaces and repairs wiring as needed (including computer cable).
• Consults with Maintenance Manager, as needed, on electrical system issues; and, as assigned, serves in a project coordination role monitoring the activities of outside contractors.
• Maintains and repairs a variety of hand and power tools ensuing they are in safe and efficient working order.
• Performs preventive maintenance procedures on mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; inspects belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, greases bearings, seals, etc.; repairs or replaces broken parts.
• May operate a computer which controls and monitors mechanical equipment and utility systems. • Calibrates and repairs pneumatic systems and other mechanical systems on production equipment to assure optimum performance of that production process.
• Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
• Maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager or another member of the leadership team.
To successfully qualify for this job, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Must complete the industrial maintenance and electrical assessment administered by NOCTI with a score satisfactory to that assessment process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $26.00 /hour