Winston Salem, NC 27105
The Maintenance Technician - II is responsible for installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing equipment. They will also perform mechanical and electrical work under the general supervision of a Maintenance Technician III. In addition, employees in this classification will support and guide employees classified as Maintenance Technician I. Maintenance Technician II’s will have working knowledge and ability to perform all tasks as specified within the Maintenance Technician I description in addition to those specified within this description.
Rate of pay is commensurate with experience
Shift: 1st – 7am – 3pm,
2nd - 3pm – 11pm
Pay: Mechanic – minimum would be $19.00 – Operator – minimum would be $18.50
High school diploma or GED minimum supplemented by industrial or vocational course work in electrical, industrial or mechanical maintenance programs or related field. Two years of experience in positions of progressive responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Understanding and demonstrating the behavior that the safety of yourself and other coworkers is paramount and is the #1 priority here.
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown.
• Inspect mechanical and electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
• Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
• Disassemble machinery to remove parts and make repairs, reassemble machinery.
• Repair as needed mechanical or electrical systems to include repairing or replacing malfunctioning components.
• Repair as needed industrial material handling equipment to include battery operated as well as IC units up to but not including the most complex.
• Repair as needed basic electrical breakdowns.
• Calibrate or adjust electronic equipment or instruments to specifications.
• Welding of structural steel assemblies and machine components.
• Fabrication of brackets, guards, devices, assemblies, and general construction.
• Repairs requiring basic Lathe and/or Mill work ability.
• Assist Maintenance Technician – I with completing preventative maintenance (PM) tasks as prescribed.
• Install or replace meters, regulators or related measuring control devices.
• Install equipment or attachments as needed on machinery or related structures.
• Understand mechanical drawings with the ability to determine the correct parts needed for repair.
• Understand and use computer software for documenting all daily activity including submitting accurate parts requests.
• Direct and assist with training employees in the Industrial Technician – I role to install, maintain, or repair equipment including print reading and electronic documentation.
• Respond to mechanical or basic electrical emergencies during non-standard business hours.
• Responsible for the overall Safety and cleanliness of equipment and area.
• Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Overtime is required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.