Must be able to pass a drug test and background check. Must have valid driver's license and own transportation.
"This is a non-climate controlled mill, meaning you will be required to perform work in conditions that are sometimes less than ideal, such as outdoors during inclement winter, including exposure to wood dust and loud noises daily. As a Sawmill Technician I, you will learn multiple operator functions. You will also be responsible for cleaning up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment. Primary Responsibilities
• Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
• Learn and become proficient at multiple operator functions
• Keep the work area clean throughout the shift and at the end of shift
• Assist other team members, as needed
• Performing basic care duties such as preventative maintenance on machinery or repairing minor issues
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• At least six (6) months of previous work experience
• Work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
• Work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
• Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
• Experience in a manufacturing or production environment
• Team player that enjoys working in a manufacturing team environment and learning multiple operations
Education and Experience
• A high school diploma or GED is required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment (for up to 12 hours per day)
• Static Strength -- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
• Trunk Strength -- The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
• Explosive Strength -- The ability to use short bursts of muscle force to propel oneself (as in jumping or sprinting), or to throw an object.
• Multi-limb Coordination -- The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
• Manual Dexterity -- The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
• Performing General Physical Activities -- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
• Controlling Machines and Processes -- Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes (not including computers or vehicles).
• Handling and Moving Objects -- Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things."
Please email a copy of your resume to email@example.com