Winston Salem, NC 27105
Contract resource will provide system analysis, technical design, RPG development work and unit testing services for the Merchandising Displays Display and Packaging System running on the AS400 platform. The contractor may have time split between EDI / Integration and other system productivity enhancements depending on priorities and the individual’s background with EDI and her/his general skillsets
• Senior level systems analysis and design skills
• Senior level RPG development skills in RPG, RPG III
• Strong knowledge of OS 400 operating systems and CL job control language
• Ability to build interactive applications and batch processes
• Ability to design relational databases and database / record structures in DB2 and other required functions such as creating database logicals and indexes
• Ability to work effectively with end-users and internal and external customers to gather requirements and translate into technical specs and code development
• Ability to document requirements, test cases and work with team members to test developed functionality before turning to end-users for UAT
• Strong problem-solving skills with a ability to identify and execute solutions
• Competent is use of MS Office productivity suite (email, Excel, Word)
• Strong work ethic with willingness to work extra hours to meet deadlines as authorized.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and as an effective team member in accomplishing assignments.
• Experience with RPG FREE in developing web services to exchange data between AS400 applications and .net / web-based applications
• Use of Agile development methodologies
• Familiar with Turnover change management software on AS400 platform
• Experience working in the corrugated / packaging or merchandising displays industries
REMOTE work arrangements will be considered based on qualifications and experience.
Desired: Work in the Winston-Salem NC Merchandising Displays facility
2nd Choice: Work in a Atlanta, GA area facility
3rd Choice: Remote work with occasional travel to Atlanta and/or Winston-Salem NC