Industry: Labor and manufacturing
Pay Rate: $20.00/hour
- Responsible for all phases of a construction project.
- Designs and implements project plans.
- Communicates directly with subcontractors/designers concerning project cost, staffing and scheduling.
- Prepares project status reports and works to ensure plans adhere to contract specifications.
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
- Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments
- Strong and relevant experience in all areas of COMMERCIAL construction
- Proven working experience in construction management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert Knowledge of Estimating and Scheduling.
- Previous experience in Construction Operations
- Proven ability to build relationships and negotiate with vendors and subcontractors to maximize service.
- Ability to motivate employees to meet goals, deadlines and targets regardless of operational setbacks.
- Proven track record of continuous systems improvements.
- Ability to stay within construction budgets and to continually meet or beat monthly targets.
- Familiarity with construction management software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products (Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, quickly expanding environment.
- Ability to self-start.
- Can set personal goals and can problem-solve without being micro-managed and told what to do.
- Ability to interpret architectural and engineering blueprints.
- Has a solid understanding of general engineering best practices
- Ability to own the estimating or project management duties if needed.
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
- Familiar with Federal Government, IDIQ’s and Retail Markets.
- Previous experience with Government Proposals.
- Description of Duties
- Monitor daily projects through reports from the Assistant Project Managers/Site Superintendents Ensure that the both have sufficient resources, planning and prioritization to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Lead & Direct Conceptual Estimates, Budgeting, Feasibility Analysis, Project Estimates and other budget exercises with clients and design teams.
- Manage subcontractor performance.
- Direct and monitor project staff and subcontractors to perform and complete work on schedule and in compliance with contract documents, project schedule and budget.
- Oversee, assist in, and monitor the development of weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual objectives with the owner.
- Develop and implement programs that help reduce costs in the organization.
- Identify deviations from schedule and contract documents and implement corrective measures to maintain schedule and budget.
- · Represent the Company in project meetings, meetings with authorities having
- Jurisdiction over the project, and other meetings necessary for project completion.
- Monitor and employ best practice to drive profitability Always communicate externally and internally in a clear, effective manner