Summary: This person supports and improves the on-going operation of the Test Lab. This includes planning and executing tests, establishing and maintaining test capabilities and processes, and maintaining and improving lab safety as well as lab practices necessary to comply with ISO 17025 laboratory accreditation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for preparation of all test plans and for scheduling of testing projects in the lab.
- Prepare cost estimates for quotation of testing services to outside customers.
- Interface with customers, sales, engineering, manufacturing and purchasing to ensure clear definition of test requirements, methods, and resources.
- Develop new test methods, fixtures, and procedures as required.
- Design new test fixtures (using Solidworks 3D design software as necessary) and arrange for their purchase and/or manufacture.
- Provide technical support to H-J production for diagnosis of failures that occur during routine production testing
- Prepare certified test reports to report the test results of all projects.
- Perform electrical, mechanical, thermal, and environmental tests as needed.
- Write purchase requisitions for all material, tools, supplies, and equipment needed for testing projects and for daily operation of the test lab.
- Provide supervision and administration of all test lab personnel.
- Establish and administer test lab safety procedures and policies.
- Provide training for all test lab employees (and other personnel assigned to testing) in basic product specific test training, basic test equipment operation training, basic test theory training.
- Provide continuous improvement in test lab equipment, methods, organization, and cleanliness.
- Administer the test equipment calibration program.
- Administer the quality management system of the test lab.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar technical field.
- Ten (10) years minimum experience in the electric power industry or similar field.
- Committed to safe working practices in a high voltage laboratory environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills with outside and inside customers of test lab services.
- Demonstrate basic proficiency with 2D and 3D design/drafting software (Solidworks experience is a plus).
- Experience with data acquisition hardware and software (LabView programming experience is a plus).
- Dedicated to continuous improvement of the test lab.
- Must be methodical and detail oriented.