Must be able to pass a drug test and background check. Have a valid driver's license and own transportation.
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 40 Hours; 8 Hrs.
HM Update: rotate weekly to days, afternoons, and late evenings
The paper mill in St. Paul, is seeking qualified candidates to fill the Utility Position in the production dept. This is an entry level, hourly position where advancement in operations is expected.
How you will impact
• Ability to safely operate various manufacturing equipment, follow specific directions, operate power hand tools, and other duties as assigned.
• Ability to work safely, comply with all safety rules, lift, push or pull ?50lbs, navigate stairs, stand, walk, bend, and kneel throughout the entire shift.
• Ability to read a tape measure (to 1/16” measurement) and basic math and computer skills.
• Performs inspections on various equipment for proper operation and report questionable conditions
• Performs various housekeeping, cleaning, and organizing functions with minimal supervision to ensure areas are clean and free from debris
• Prioritizes work and takes appropriate action to ensure paper machine remains operational
• Forklift and skid steer experience is preferred
• Roll finishing (banding, labeling, sorting)
• Loading trucks with finished product
• Unloading bales from wastepaper truck
What you need to succeed
• High school diploma or GED required
• Strong commitment to working safe, good communication skills, a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong desire to learn manufacturing processes and operating complex machinery and have a desire to advance within the company
• Industrial manufacturing experience is preferred.
What we offer
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Please email a copy of your resume to email@example.com